If you are looking at how to apply/register for travel e-pass Himachal, you have come to the right place. During Unlock 2.0, the central government has opened the routes for inter-state travel with certain guidelines for traveling in Himachal. No restrictions shall be imposed on tourists who are traveling without an e-pass.
The COVID tally in Himachal crosses 1150 mark with more than 10 deaths and 300 active cases. The Himachal government is not that keen on opening the borders. Hence the government has imposed certain restrictions on entry into the state.
Guidelines for Traveling in Himachal
Certain guidelines for traveling in Himachal have been imposed by the government:
- The tourists will have to show the COVID-19 negative test report from ICMR recognized lab which is not older than 72hours.
- A 5 days e-booking has to be made for a hotel stay and has to be done 48 hours in advance.
- You can register the e-pass online here (Opens in New Tab).
- Once you apply this you will get a QR code that has to be shown at the border for entry along with other documents.
- If you want to travel for less no of days you can choose to but the booking has to be done for 5 days.
- However, if you are going for a round trip, you don’t need a COVID-19 negative test result or 5-day e-booking, just the e-pass would suffice.
You can check the district wise COVID tally for Himachal here (Opens in New Tab):
Here are some pointers to keep in mind as some issues you are facing might be resolved here.
- While Booking, be sure to check with the hotels. While you book them if you are allowed entry to the place you choose for staying. Not all local authorities are that welcoming.
- Make sure you check the cancellation policy of the hotel before booking the hotel.
- The curfew shall be imposed with a time restriction of 7 pm in the evening. You would have to keep your sightseeing and travel before nightfall.
- If you choose to travel By Air/Train, your boarding pass would suffice.
- Local transport shall still remain closed, but some taxis can operate with the permission of Deputy Commissioner.
- Some places require a pass from the local authorities. People who choose to come from red zones won’t be allowed entry even after a COVID negative report.
- The Temples and other religious places will still remain closed. Do check with the hotel what all places are available for sightseeing.
- Treks to some places are open like Triund but with limited resources available for stay, trekking gears, and food.
Also Read: Travel Safety Precautions to Take During Corona (Opens in New Tab)
People who have advance bookings for hotels will not be quarantined, but if Himachali coming from outside who is working in Red zone, then he will have to stay home for 14 days.
These guidelines are changing as the center has imposed relaxations while the state government continued to restrict entry. So make sure you stay updated with the latest guidelines. I’ll keep this blog updated but you can keep a check on the local news as well.
I hope the information helps you to understand the rules and how you can start to travel again. If you have any concerns or query feel free to ask the questions in the comment below.
Also Read: Best Places to travel in Himachal after Unlock 2.0 (Opens in New Tab)
Some Recommended Products for Travel
Some Related Useful Topics :
Here are some topics you might find relevant and useful for planning your trip:
- What Gears to Buy for Trekking?
- 5 Tips to Travel Smart in India
- Jalori Pass- A Gateway to the Paradise
- Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS)
- How to get Permit for Ladakh
- How to Rent a Bike for Ladakh
- Mcleodganj- A Perfect Budget Weekend Trip