Since the corona pandemic, every aspect of our life has changed. All walks of life took a hard hit. But now, the travel industry is expected to start recovering slowly. Travel safety precaution is a must since some of you have work or family obligations that require you to travel.
Well, since you are here, you must have heard the good news about the unlock 2.0. Interstate travel has been opened for everyone.
But first things first, opening the interstate movement has also endowed a responsibility on all of us. So here, I have mentioned some measures we can take for not just our safety but for others as well.
Also Read: How to register an E-Pass for Himachal
Also Read: Best Places to travel in Himachal in 2020
Some Important Facts About the Corona Virus
The latest statement by WHO is a game-changer. WHO acknowledged the possibility of coronavirus being able to spread through the air ( As aerosol particles).
Here are some facts regarding the coronavirus:
- The SARS-CoV-2 or corona virus is 0.1 micron, the human hair is 50-70 microns. This means a hundred million corona particles can fit on a head of a pin.
- Infectious particles are of 2 types, one which are between 5-15 microns and drop on the ground after several minutes.
- The smaller particles however which are less than 5 microns can stay in the air for several hours.
- When you exhale, the aerosol particles can travel upto 1.5m, when you cough they can travel upto 2m. When you sneeze they can travel upto 8m.
General Safety Precautions to be Taken
Now, the government has provided relaxation on movement and traveling for tourists even as the corona cases rise, but with certain new guidelines. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends some of the safety precautions to protect yourself and others as well:
Practice social distancing and kindly maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Wash your hands frequently with hand soap for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap is not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 75% alcohol.
- Avoid going into crowded places as well as also avoid places with stagnant air such as public bathrooms and enclosed shops.
- Do not touch your face, nose, and eyes with your naked hands.
- Open up windows and doors in enclosed spaces whenever it is possible.
- Wear a face mask or cloth at all times when you go out. It should cover your nose and mouth completely.
- If you have cold or sneezing use a tissue paper and after using it dispose it immediately into a bin.
Some Products You Might Need During Travel:
Safety Precautions for Air Travel
Many airlines have started air travel with certain protocols set by the state rules and regulations. However, social distancing is impossible in crowded planes and security lines. In that case, airlines and airports have made some specific guidance to prevent the spread of the virus.
There are some guidelines for the domestic travel issued by the Ministry of Health & Welfare. You can check on the mentioned below link.
Many airlines are following the new rules for disinfecting planes in between every flight because of corona and they also increased the number of equipments at the screening checkpoints.
Undoubtedly, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is making so many changes that are strictly followed by the staff.
Still, you should be aware of safety precautions while traveling.
- During identification, TSA employees may ask you to adjust but wear your mask immediately.
- Do not hesitate to ask anyone to maintain social distancing.
- Instead of handling boarding passes to the TSA employee, put it directly on the scanner and hold it on your own during the inspection.
- Keep a bottle of sanitizer in your carry bag and apply it immediately after touching anything.
- You can keep your personal items in carry-on bags instead of bins to reduce the handling during screening.
- Before seating, wipe down the seat with the disinfectant wipes.
- Most importantly, wash your hands after going through every screening with a hand wash or soap for at least 20 seconds.
You can also check the specific guidelines for cleaning and disinfectant with their websites.
Some More Product Recommendations For Traveling Safely:
Safety Precautions for Car Travel
To control your environment it is better to drive on your own. But you will have to take some safety precautions even when traveling in your own vehicle.
Let’s check out some quick points to be considered:
- Carry cloth masks with you and alcohol-based hand sanitizer to be applied every 2 hours or after every stop you take.
- Carry a water camper of at least 5-7 liters and carry nonperishable food items with you.
- Keep enough cleaning supplies, disinfectants, and disposable gloves which you can easily get from the medical shops not more than 300- 400 (contains 100 pieces).
- You can also choose to cook on your own if you can carry a 5 kg cylinder and some necessary utensils on your trip.
- Try to avoid taking stops frequently between the journey as it will reduce the chances of physical contact with anyone.
- Don’t eat unhygienic food from the roadside stalls or dhabas.
Safety Precautions in Hotels & Other Lodging
The hoteliers are making sure to keep the hotel sanitized before the arrival of the tourists, also, they are following every safety precaution to protect their guests and staff too. But, you can also follow some precautions for additional reassurance of your safety.
- Once you reach the room, clean all the high-touch surfaces of the room with the disinfectant.
- Try to clean every handle and door-knobs of the room and switches too.
- Wear mask till the time you are interacting with someone.
- Handle your luggage on your own to reduce the risks of any spread.
- Wash the glasses, cups, and silverware in the room before using them.
If possible call the hotel and ask to keep the room vacant at least 24 hours before the arrival.
Be sure about the cancellation policies before making the bookings to avoid further stress.
Remember Your Final Check List
When it comes to safety you should think thoroughly and plan things accordingly.
If you are feeling sick before you planned or even you just step out for the journey. I advise you to stay home and get the necessary medical care first.
While packing simply keep some important points in mind:
- Pack enough cloth face masks.
- Keep some medicines for emergency.
- 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer (a big bottle).
- Disinfectant wipes which should be alcohol-based.
- A Thermometer.
The situation has changed a lot and it is nice to see that we can still get back on the road, so it is better to take some safety precautions with the safety guidelines to avoid any issues that might cause us or other any healthy damages.
Additionally, check out the official websites for any latest updates related COVID-19 news to avoid any inconvenience.
Plan accordingly by keeping all the points in your mind and if you have any query feel free to ask us in the below comments and we will be here to provide the answers at the earliest.
Stay safe and Happy Traveling!
Some Related Useful Topics :
Here are some topics you might find relevant and useful for planning your trip:
- What Gears to Buy for Trekking?
- 5 Tips to Travel Smart in India
- Jalori Pass- A Gateway to the Paradise
- Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS)
- How to get Permit for Ladakh
- How to Rent a Bike for Ladakh
- Mcleodganj- A Perfect Budget Weekend Trip